​Request and Report

Incident reports are available by faxing a request to 704-336-6599. All requests must have the case number or the date, time, and location of the incident.

Items too large to be placed in a rollout cart can be scheduled for collection. To be eligible for this service, you must currently receive garbage collection from the city.

The Mecklenburg County Child Abuse Awareness Coalition urges you to make a difference in the lives of our country's most precious resource, our children.

​Send in your positive feedback about an Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officer in the community.

Dead animals are collected from City streets and from residences. The resident is responsible for placing animal curbside.

Blockage must be on a City maintained drainage system. It includes:

  • Heavy debris "jams" at culverts/pipe entry
  • Large vegetative growth
  • Blockage caused by vegetation or trash posing a potential threat.

Erosion along a creek or a city/county storm drain should be reported. Examples:

  • Erosion posing a threat to either channel or ditch structures
  • Erosion that has affected water quality.

​The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children.

​The Charlotte Fire Department Honor Guard has approximately 50 members and the mission remains the same: to serve the families of fallen firefighters, both active and retired. Additionally, the Honor Guard provides services for special events and has been featured on nationally televised NFL games.

Click here for the Charlotte Fire Department Honor Guard request form. Please submit all requests at least 45 days prior to your event.

Report flooding that results from a City maintained street or drainage structure.

Graffiti includes drawings, writings, markings or inscriptions regardless of content or nature of material son any type of public or private building, structure or any other real or personal property.

​Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations is the human relations agency for the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County and works to address discrimination and housing concerns through enforcement of the city’s Fair Housing Ordinance.

​Mecklenburg County requires contractors to have a permit for certain projects and now it is an easy online process.

On Saturday, Oct. 1, 2010, while more than 18,000 people gathered in uptown Charlotte for the Race for the Cure, the Charlotte Fire Department unveiled the Pink Lady. 

The eye-catching apparatus serves a dual role: it's a working fire truck to be used as a reserve apparatus throughout the city, and a visible reminder to the public for awareness, prevention, early detection, and a vigilant reminder to all who see her regarding the fight against cancer. 

If you would like to have the Pink Lady fire engine at your next event, please click here to submit a request.

Please make requests at least 30 days before the event date.


​The Charlotte Fire Department Pipes and Drums Band was formed in 2001. Since then, the band continued to grow and improve, thanks to new members who have committed their time and effort. Today, the band continues to travel and perform and all members are Charlotte firefighters.

Click here for the Pipes and Drums Band request form. Please submit all requests at least 45 days prior to your event.

T​o report a pothole in a street, please enter the street location. If possible, include a house number or block range in the location comments.

​Welcome to Online Crime Reporting for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department. This page lets you submit a police report now and print a copy of the report for free.

​Welcome to Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation's Online Portal! We are proud to offer 210 parks and facilities on over 17,600 acres of parkland for the whole family to enjoy

​If you notice a damaged or missing road sign, or location where one might be needed, contact the CharMeck 311 Call Center. An engineering services investigator will evaluate each request.

Signs cannot be placed within 11 feet of the edge of the pavement, in medians, in traffic islands, on utility poles, on sidewalks, on sign posts, on bridges, or any other right of way within City limits.

​Traffic Calming methods include:

1) Speed Limit reduction - to 25 MPH

2) Speed Humps

3) Stop Signs.

The street must be within the Charlotte city limits.

​Duke Power owns and maintains street light equipment. If you have a street light out, call CharMeck 311 or contact Duke Power Company’s Service Center directly at 1-800-777-9898. You may also fill out this online form​.

** For any downed tree, limb and other EMERGENCY tree situations, please CALL 911 immediately. If a tree or part of a tree has fallen and is obstructing or completely blocking a street, CALL 911 immediately. ** 

Public trees are located within the city street right-of-way and are protected by the Charlotte Tree Ordinance. Public trees are maintained by the city's Landscape Management group.

For non-emergency public tree issues, use this form to report damage to a tree, report a hanging tree limb or request a tree health/condition assessment. Please enter the street location and include a house number.

​NBS Zoning primarily deals with how residential land is being used.
Examples: Large commercial vehicles in a residential area, operating a business in a residential area, fences (height requirements), building in required setback, banners/flags/portable signs, etc.