FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Contact: Jessica Wallin, CMPD Public Affairs
Members of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s Freedom Division Crime Reduction Unit have arrested and charged five suspects for their involvement in a Meth lab in the Freedom Division.
On Wednesday, February 24, 2016, officers from the Freedom Division’s CRU, with the assistance of the CMPD SWAT Team, VICE, the SBI’s SRT and Clandestine Laboratory Units, the DEA Task Force, Charlotte Fire Department and MEDIC, conducted a search warrant on a residence in the 10000 block of Mount Holly Road. Upon their entry, officers located and detained suspects inside of the residence and also located evidence of the Meth lab.
Based on the evidence and information gathered on scene, detectives arrested and charged the following suspects:
· Robert Grice, DOB: 01/17/1964, with Trafficking in Methamphetamine, Manufacture Methamphetamine, Conspiracy to Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Precursor Chemicals with the intent to Manufacture Methamphetamine, Maintaining a Dwelling to Keep or Sell Controlled Substances and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
· Christopher Conner, DOB: 02/13/1972, with Trafficking in Methamphetamine, Manufacture Methamphetamine, Conspiracy to Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Precursor Chemicals with the intent to Manufacture Methamphetamine, Maintaining a Dwelling to Keep or Sell Controlled Substances, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
· Kara Carpenter, DOB: 12/12/1983 with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
· Richard Russell, DOB: 01/29/1970, with Possession of Marijuana.
· Bobby Bumgardner, DOB: 11/01/1955, was served with outstanding orders for arrest (no charges related to this incident).
All five suspects have since been transported to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office. The investigation is ongoing at this time and there may be additional charges.
If anyone has additional information concerning this case, please contact Crime Stoppers at 704-336-1600. You may also visit the Crime Stopper’s website at http://charlottecrimestoppers.com. For additional information about this case, reference report number 2016-0224-1210-03.