Road Resurfacing Work
Charlotte, NC— The City of Charlotte will begin resurfacing work on some Charlotte streets over the next few weeks. Resurfacing construction includes milling, adjusting manhole covers and other structures and repaving. Operating hours/days usually are:
- Weekdays, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
The following thoroughfare streets are on the resurfacing list:
- Sardis Road from Sardis Road North to North Brackenbury Lane (work scheduled to start Saturday, August 12.)
- Prosperity Church Road from Mallard Creek Road to Pinewood Lane (work scheduled to start Tuesday, August 15.)
- Prosperity Church Road from Fairlea Drive to I-485 Circle (work scheduled to start Tuesday, August 15.)
- Prosperity Church Road from Highland Shoppes Drive to Butner Trail Lane (work scheduled to start Tuesday, August 15.)
- Note: CATS Bus Routes 22 and 53X will be affected. For more information about CATS services, visit ridetransit.org.
Motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians should expect some congestion and delays during the noted work hours and days.
Funding for resurfacing and repairs comes from gasoline taxes collected by the State of North Carolina.
Weather and unforeseen circumstances occasionally prevent work from being completed as scheduled, and make it unsafe to reopen lanes or streets when planned. When this occurs, City traffic engineers work directly with other City staff and contractors to resolve the situation as quickly as possible and reduce impacts to the traveling public.
Pedestrians walking near work zone areas should be alert, cautious and allow extra traveling time. It is advised they cross at signalized intersections, use pedestrian walk signals where available and abide by detour signage.
Motorists traveling through work zone areas should be alert and extra cautious. Drivers should get in the correct lane well in advance and constantly be on the lookout for vehicles merging into adjacent travel lanes as they approach a work zone. Drivers should double their following distance.
For more information about Charlotte's resurfacing program, visit CDOT street maintenance.
You can follow us on Twitter: @CharlotteDOT. For general information about CDOT, contact CDOT Customer Service at 704-336-4119.