August 18, 2021
Changes Coming to CATS Pass Mobile Ticketing App
CATS is working to transition from the current CATS Pass mobile ticketing app to an improved ticketing app that will include:
- More ticket options for customers
- Multi-language function
- Google/Apple Pay features
- Rider alert notifications
If you currently have funds in your cash wallet, or unused tickets, please use those funds or tickets by
August 22, 2021.
No August Monthly passes will be sold via the CATS Pass mobile app.
Tokens will be provided in exchange for the remaining cash in your mobile wallet and for unused tickets, in your CATS Pass app. Customers can visit the CATS Customer Service Office at the Charlotte Transportation Center, or remote pass sales locations at the LYNX Blue Line JW Clay Station or I-485 Station for exchanges.
Exchanges will be made through August 22, 2021.
No cash refunds will be issued. Tokens can be used in both CATS fareboxes and ticket vending machines as payment for fare.
Exchange locations: Charlotte Transportation Center, LYNX Blue Line JW Clay Station, LYNX Blue Line I-485/South Blvd Station
What will be exchanged:
- Unused one ride ticket – 1 token for each unused ticket
- Unused one day ticket – 3 tokens or option of printed one day pass
- Unused weekly ticket – 7-day punch pass
- Mobile Cash Wallet- tokens up to the value of remaining cash in the mobile wallet
For additional information regarding the changes to the CATS Pass mobile ticketing app and how to exchange your unused passes or cash wallet, please visit the CATS website at
www.ridetransit.org or contact CATS Customer Service at