Ditch Your Car Program
Effective: September 26, 2018
Charlotte Area Transit System is supporting Lyft with its program Ditch Your Car, a program offering over $400 worth of transportation credits to 50 Charlotte-area residents for giving up their cars for 30 days from October 8 to November 6 in in favor of getting around town via Lyft rides, Zipcar and public transportation with CATS.
Between September 26 and September 30, Charlotte residents will be able to register at ditchwithlyft.com/charlotte for the opportunity to be selected for the program and receive credit towards Lyft, Zipcar, the LYNX Blue Line, and all CATS express, express plus and local buses.
Here's how it works:
- Sign up here. 50 people will be randomly selected to participate.
- Once chosen for the challenge, you'll receive an email with the details of the program including transportation credits!
- Transportation credits include Lyft Shared, Zipcar, and CATS to get around the city for one month.
- Lyft: $300 Lyft Credit
- Transit: 1 month unlimited pass valid on CATS local, neighborhood, express and express plus bus service, and the LYNX Blue Line via the CATS Pass Mobile Payment App on Apple or Android.
- Zipcar: $25 application fee, $7 monthly fee and $100 Free drive credit ($132 total credit)
- The Challenge starts October 8 and ends November 6