The City of Charlotte received one or more proposals for a redevelopment anchored by an amateur sports facility on an approximate 29.4-acre portion of the former Eastland Mall site (eastern ~29.4-acre portion of Parcel ID 10304199 and all of Parcel ID 10304108). All interested parties interested in submitting a competitive proposal are invited to submit a proposal by Feb. 6, 2023, to:
City of Charlotte
Attn: Todd DeLong
600 East Fourth St.
Charlotte, N.C. 28202
Proposals may also be submitted electronically to
Interested parties must submit a final proposal in compliance with the process outlined below. This process requires each proposer to provide:
- An abstract or executive summary of the proposal (approximately 250 words).
- Detailed description of the proposed concept and development program.
- Qualifications and experience of project team with similar projects.
- Financial strategy, including detailed request for any public investment.
- capital stack detailing private funding/financing plan
- Estimated tourism impact of the proposed redevelopment, if applicable. Estimated impact should include the following information:
- number of event days
- type of events
- target market(s) for visitors (e.g. local, state, national, etc.)
- room-night generation
- economic and fiscal impact
- Development schedule.
- Plan for allowing usage of the facility by the general public and must include any applicable fees that may be charged to use the facility as well as if/when the facilities are available for use by the public.
Proposals will be evaluated in four key areas – qualifications and experience, financial strategy, project approach, and development schedule. The city reserves the right to waive any informality in any response, to reject any or all proposals in whole or in part, with or without cause, and/or to accept the proposal that in its judgment will be in the best interest of the city and its citizens.
Questions may be submitted to