FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 3, 2022
Media Assets: Winning designs (attached)
Charlotte, N.C. – Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) announced today the winners of the 2022 Transit Pass Design Contest, whose artwork will be printed on Local, Express and Express Plus monthly passes for the 2023 calendar year.
• First Place: Scott Partridge – Local Monthly Pass
• Second Place: Angela Lubinecky – Express Monthly Pass
• Third Place: Jordan Hines – Express Plus Monthly Pass
CATS asked North and South Carolina residents to submit original artwork with the theme: What Moves You? Entries were judged and first, second and third place winners were selected by a committee of transit staff members and local art professionals based on the following criteria:
1. Does the design address the theme and promote multi-modal transportation in Charlotte in specific or general terms?
2. Is the design eye-catching and well-composed?
3. Is text absent from the design?
“I included both angular shapes suggesting an urban landscape and natural forms. I intended to convey activity and movement. I depicted modes of transit including walking, biking, wheelchair, bus, train and flying,” first place winner Scott Partridge said.
Learn more at RideTransit.org or by calling CATS Customer Service at 704-336-RIDE (7433).
Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) is a department of the City of Charlotte and governed by the Metropolitan Transit Commission. CATS is the largest transit system between Washington, D.C. and Atlanta, offering bus, light rail, streetcar, vanpool and Special Transportation Services.