Effective: Feb. 16, 2023
CATS Announces Public Meetings on Microtransit in Huntersville, Davidson and Cornelius
Virtual and In-Person Meeting Opportunities Occurring March 2-16
Beginning Thursday, March 2, Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) will host several in-person and virtual public meetings to gather public input on the upcoming microtransit initiative.
Microtransit is an on-demand, ride-sharing service that provides curb-to-curb trips within select zones, as well as on-demand connections to area hubs, like Park and Rides. The Envision My Ride: Bus Priority Study plan, recently adopted by the Metropolitan Transit Commission, incorporates multiple microtransit zones, including zones serving the towns of Huntersville, Davidson and Cornelius.
This set of meetings will focus particularly on the recommended proposed strategy to replace the Village Rider routes 97, 98 and 99 with microtransit services.
In-Person Public Meetings:
- Tuesday, March 7 at Huntersville Town Hall at 101 Huntersville-Concord Road, Huntersville
- Wednesday, March 8 at Davidson Town Hall at 251 South St., Davidson
- Thursday, March 16 at Cornelius Town Hall at 21445 Catawba Ave., Cornelius
Virtual Meetings via CATS YouTube:
- Thursday, March 2 at 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 10 at 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 15 at 11:30 a.m.
If you require accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or translation services (free of charge), contact CATS Customer Service at 704-336-7433 prior to the meeting date.