Providing all Charlotte youth with equitable career development opportunities to explore the world of work, build social capital, and enhance economic mobility.
MYEP participants explore careers, hone skills, and gain exposure to models of professionalism, creating pathways to attainable career goals. As youth achieve, our community is strengthened.
MYEP seeks to build partnerships with host employers in the private, public, and non-profit sectors of Charlotte's economy who can provide one-of-a-kind career experiences for MYEP participants. Businesses provide career experiences that help youth develop career goals, stay in school, achieve academically, and enhance social skills that enable them to succeed in life. Students connect to the world of work which enables businesses and communities to know the needs and successes of the students and schools.
About Our Program:
MYEP participants are motivated high school age youth seeking career exploration or employment opportunities. Participants include youth associated with various community partners, charter schools, home school, e-learning and others. Youth must be 16 on or before April 15, 2023. Charlotte Mecklenburg-School students may contact the Career Development Coordinator (CDC) at their school regarding participating in the MYEP. Non-CMS students may contact 704-336-5577 for information.
MYEP Work Experiences:
- Accepted MYEP Students will need to commit to 6 weeks of work
Students are expected to prioritize at least 20 hours of work per week during the 6 weeks, for a total of 150 working hours
Students will be paid a minimum rate of $10.00 per hour
The MYEP cannot guarantee work experience or job placement
Participating MYEP Youth Must:
- Be 16 on or before April 15, 2023
- Be enrolled as a current student in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools or reside in the City of Charlotte
- Attend a Job & Career Readiness Training
- Have a current photo ID and a Social Security number
- Complete an online application and interview by Monday January 9, 2023
- Follow instructions (provided in the Spring) to pass a background check and drug screen
- Participate in a student orientation
Follow us on Social Media