About the Mayor's Mentoring Alliance:
Educate. Ignite. Connect. The Mayor's Mentoring Alliance (MMA) educates mentoring organizations about best practices and mentoring standards through trainings and workshops, ignites impactful and enduring mentor-mentee relationships, and connects Charlotte's mentoring community.
We understand the importance of mentoring and how it can change the lives of youth. Mentors not only provide their mentee with someone who cares about them, but they also help them:
- Improve academic and social skills
- Set career goals
- Improve self-esteem
- Stay in school
- Deal with day-to-day challenges
Mentoring is linked to enhanced academic, social, and economic prospects for youth. When you decide to become a mentor, you are not only making a commitment to positively impact someone's life. You are also ultimately helping to strengthen our local community and workforce.
APPLY TO JOIN THE MAYOR'S MENTORING ALLIANCE ADVISORY BOARD
The Mayor's Mentoring Alliance (MMA) is currently accepting applications for prospective members to apply to join the MMA Advisory Board for fiscal year (FY) 2022. The application will remain open until August 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Available Position: At-Large Advisory Board Member:
An At-Large Member is responsible for supporting at least one of the MMA Advisory Board Committees: Education Committee, Ignite Committee, or Connect Committee.
- Education Committee - Goals: Tasked with planning, facilitating and executing MMA training events such as Mentor Trainings and Agency Trainings.
- Ignite Committee - Goals: Tasked with planning and executing the MMA Awards Ceremony during National Mentoring Month.
- Connect Committee - Goals: Tasked with connecting community members to mentoring agencies through scheduling, planning and executing multiple community engagement events.
This position is a two-year term and may be appointed to serve a second-term at the discretion of the City of Charlotte and the MMA Executive Committee, not to exceed three consecutive terms. Must commit at least 2-4 hours a month in attendance to the Advisory Board and Committee meetings, and events as needed, and abide by the MMA Advisory Board Attendance Policy.
For your application to be considered, you must complete this application form and attach your resume by Monday, August 30, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.