Land Development



Erosion & Sediment Control<div class="ExternalClassB67070756E7841B4A6E00629843686A1"><p></p><div class="ExternalClass6B403811963A4BDE948472012C23CA97"><p><a href="" style="line-height:1.6;">City of Charlotte Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Ordinance</a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span></p><p><a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/NC%20Self%20Inspection%20Combined%20Monitoring%20Form.pdf">​NC Self Inspection Combined Monitoring Form </a>​</p><p><a href="" style="line-height:1.6;">Accela Citizen Access™ </a></p><p><span style="line-height:1.6;">Demolition compliance notice (coming soon) </span></p><p><a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/Erosion%20Control%20Facts%20for%20Homebuilders.pdf" style="line-height:1.6;">Erosion control facts for homebuilders</a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span></p><p><a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/Erosion%20Control%20Policies%20and%20Procedures.pdf" style="line-height:1.6;">Erosion control policies and procedures </a></p><p><span style="line-height:1.6;"></span><a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/Financial%20Responsibility%20Form.pdf"><span style="line-height:1.6;">Financial r</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">esponsibility f</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">orm</span></a></p><p><a href="/StormWater/Flooding/Pages/default.aspx" style="line-height:1.6;">Floodplains</a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span></p><p><a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/HARP.pdf" style="line-height:1.6;">Habitat Assessment and Restoration Program (HARP) guidelines</a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span></p><p><a href="/StormWater/Regulations/Documents/CountyErosionOrdinance100708.pdf" style="line-height:1.6;">Mecklenburg County soil erosion and sediment control ordinance</a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span></p><p>NCG01 Ground Stabilization and Materials Handling Notes Sheet - <a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/NCG01-Ground-Stabilization-and-Materials-Handling-Sheet-3-29-19.pdf">PDF file</a> | <a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/NCG01-Detail-Ground-Stabilization-Materials-Handling-AutoCAD.DWG">DWG file</a></p><p>NCG01 Self Inspection, Record Keeping & Reporting Notes Sheet - <a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/NCG01-Self-Inspection-Sheet-3-29-19.pdf">PDF file</a> | <a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/NCG01-Self-Inspection-Sheet-AutoCAD.DWG">DWG file</a>​​​</p>​<a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/NPDES%20Permit%20(NCG010000).pdf">NPDES Permit (NCG010000).pdf</a></div><div class="ExternalClass6B403811963A4BDE948472012C23CA97"><br><p><a href="/StormWater/Regulations" style="line-height:1.6;">Surface water improvement & management (SWIM) ordinances </a></p><p><a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/SWIMSummary.pdf" style="line-height:1.6;">SWIM stream buffer brief history </a></p><p><a href="/ld/Erosion%20control%20docs/SWIMBufferChecklist92006.pdf" style="line-height:1.6;">SWIM buffer ordinance checklist</a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span></p><p><span style="line-height:1.6;">SWIM stream buffer implementation</span><span style="line-height:1.6;"> guidelines (link to come from Storm Water)</span></p><p><a href="/StormWater/Regulations" style="line-height:1.6;">Water quality regulations </a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span></p><p><a href="/ld/CMCSI" style="line-height:1.6;">Charlotte-Mecklenburg certified site inspector (CMCSI) seminar</a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - ​</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">A soil erosion and sedimentation control overview seminar and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector (CMCSI) certification preparation for interested participants. Upon completion, an optional certification test will be administered for those interested in becoming a certified Charlotte-Mecklenburg c</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">ertified s</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">ite i</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">nspector. </span></p><p><a href="" style="line-height:1.6;">Charlotte-Mecklenburg GIS geospatial portal ​</a>​</p>​</div></div>
When is a grading permit required?<div class="ExternalClass7627C17B7E6444B28CA550100E636C70"><p>A permit is required for any land disturbing activity that uncovers one acre or more in total.  Land disturbing activity means any use of the land by any person that results in a change in the ground cover or topography that can cause or contribute to sedimentation.  In determining the size of the disturbed area, all land and bodies of water being disturbed, developed, or to be disturbed or developed as a unit will be aggregated regardless of ownership.     </p></div>
There is a construction project adjacent to my property, they are cutting down my trees. What can I do?<div class="ExternalClassABEC052CFB074B66AA7C18080C929780"><p>Call the Land Development Office at 704-336-6692 and ask to speak with an urban forester.  However, this may be a legal matter between the owner of the construction project and adjacent owner.</p></div>
How do I obtain a sign permit? How do I check on the status of my sign permit application?<div class="ExternalClassDA2AAAB51387418BBF8DC4BB45E3A075"> <div>A permit is required for all signs in the City of Charlotte.  <a href="/HNS">City of Charlotte Neighborhood and Business Services</a> <br>issues sign permits.  To apply for a sign permit, visit the Mecklenburg County Office at 2145 Suttle Ave.  or call 311.  More information on Charlotte’s sign guidelines is available in the <a href="">Charlotte Zoning Ordinance</a>.</div></div>
My sign has been removed, who took it? How can I get it back?<div class="ExternalClassECEC7D39F0EB4FA1A52070804FD70E85"> <div>Contact City of Charlotte Code Enforcement at 311 (704-336-7600).  More information on Charlotte’s sign guidelines is available in the <a href="">Charlotte Zoning Ordinance</a>.</div></div>
How do I obtain a Zoning Verification Letter?<div class="ExternalClassC16054814B7F4D03950AADA8B649374C"><div><a href="/HNS">City of Charlotte Neighborhood & Business Services</a> provides zoning verification letters and enforces the City's Zoning Ordinance. </div></div>
What triggers an LD Review/Do I need to submit plans?<div class="ExternalClass8173599090544696AD961EAFE08742AA"> <div>A review by Land Development is necessary for projects which include any of the following:<br>• Addition of impervious areas for new buildings, parking lots, sidewalks, etc. <br>• Driveways and streets <br>• Storm drainage systems, detention, and storm water BMPs <br>• Tree planting/protection <br>• Grading of sites involving one acre of land disturbance (grading permit required) </div> <div><br><em>In addition</em>, Urban Forestry/Tree Ordinance and Commercial Zoning reviews are provided by the Land Development Division for following types of projects:<br>• Building additions over 1000 square feet <br>• Building additions more than 5% of the existing square footage <br>• Parking spaces increasing more than 10 <br>• Building façade changes more than 10% <br></div></div>
How do I schedule an electrical, plumbing, roof, building or home inspection?<div class="ExternalClass4A137F93A561487790841DFD4A151431"><div>Mecklenburg County is responsible for electrical, plumbing, building and home inspections.  For additional information or to schedule this type of inspection, please visit the Mecklenburg County website at <a href=""></a>.</div></div>
How do I get my City Engineering/Urban Forestry permit holds released?<div class="ExternalClassDB2CBACBD5C64231ABCF0F2E766405F3"> <div>City Engineering and Urban Forestry permit holds will be released upon the City’s approval of plans and payment of all plan review and inspection fees.  Plan review status can be obtained via <a href="">Accela Citizen Access</a>.   </div> <div> </div> <div>If your project required City of Charlotte site approval; the city will need to release the hold on the building permit.  You must contact the City’s Development Services customer service (704-336-6692) with the 6 digit Mecklenburg county project  number so that staff can release the holds.<br></div> <div>If you have any questions, please contact Land Development Customer Service at 704-336-6692.</div></div>
How do I get my City Engineering /Urban Forestry CO holds released?<div class="ExternalClass3082FB69F9BF44E38DE164E73AAA5EE6">When construction is completed, a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by Mecklenburg County LUESA to provide official verification that the site is in compliance with current regulations and the approved plans.  The CO is issued by Mecklenburg County once all of the inspectors have released their respective holds. <br> For a “City Engineering hold” on a residential property, a city site inspector will inspect the home to ensure that the drainage plan is followed, and the required, sidewalk, and trees are properly installed.  To request a City Engineering hold release on a residential property, complete a sidewalk release request form by clicking <a href="/city/charlotte/epm/Services/LandDevelopment/Pages/SIR.aspx">here</a>.<br></div> <div class="ExternalClass3082FB69F9BF44E38DE164E73AAA5EE6">For a Commercial Project Certificate of Occupancy (CO) hold release, contact the assigned Construction Inspector and Urban Forester. </div> <div class="ExternalClass3082FB69F9BF44E38DE164E73AAA5EE6">For more information, see our <a href="/city/charlotte/epm/Services/LandDevelopment/Pages/CommercialProjectCOHoldRelease.aspx">Hold Release and CO</a> page.</div>
How can I get a temporary CO?<div class="ExternalClass9D643A5A04BA465591F6BB34E2A75051"><div>City of Charlotte Land Development does not issue temporary COs.  All required work needs to be completed to the applicable City Standards prior to release of any City Engineering or Urban Forestry/Zoning CO holds.</div></div>
What forms of payment are accepted?<div class="ExternalClass79C942CB20E4411686CAF79479A5BB6B"><p>​​Land Development accepts cash, checks (which must be made payable to the City of Charlotte), VISA, MasterCard and a Mecklenburg County Account as forms of payments.​​</p></div>
Why are they digging up my yard?<div class="ExternalClass96ECEFA17A554A23BD632F2DF2CA9729"><p>If there are City of Charlotte vehicles and equipment, it could be one of several types of City projects.  Information about the various City projects, including project descriptions and contact information,  is available by clicking on the following links:<br>• <a href="/StormWater/Projects/Pages/defaultOLD.aspx">Storm Water Projects </a>(culverts in creeks, street gutters, rain related projects);<br>• <a href="/Projects/Pages/TransportationProjects.aspx">Transportation Projects </a>(street widening or repaving projects);<br>• <a href="/Engineering/EngineeringServices/Pages/Projects.aspx">Engineering and Property Management Projects </a>(neighborhood or sidewalk projects);<br>• <a href="/city/charlotte/Utilities/ConstructionProjects/Pages/Construction.aspx">Utilities Projects</a> (water and sewer improvement) projects.<br></p></div>
Sediment or mud is being deposited on my property coming from my neighbor’s house. What can I do? <div class="ExternalClass29FA2F6E23E34565B3EC36E9EB920316"><div>Report the problem to Land Development/Erosion Control at 704-336-6692 and an inspector will be sent out to evaluate the problem.  </div></div>
There is water flowing from my neighbor’s yard into mine. What can I do? <div class="ExternalClassF787B064122C4E8EAA27B748249151D1"> <div>Flowing water or flooding is not an erosion control issue.  This instance becomes an issue between property owners and may be pursued as a civil matter between property owners.  If street water is involved you may call 311 (704-336-7600) and report the incident to the <a href="/StormWater/ReportAProblem/Pages/default.aspx">Storm Water Division</a>.</div></div>
There is storm water pooling on my street. What can I do? <div class="ExternalClass6D1C93B4DA904EB29E0B35E644B93436"> <div>Call 311 (704-336-7600 if calling from outside Mecklenburg County) to report the problem.</div></div>
How can I get my property surveyed?<div class="ExternalClass749FFBC0A32C4E0EA5BB857EC57D4D63"><div>Only a Professional Land Surveyor, licensed by the North Carolina State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, is legally permitted to survey the land in North Carolina.  A directory of Professional Land Surveyors in North Carolina is available from the <a href="">North Carolina Society of Surveyors, Inc.</a>  </div></div>
Where are my property lines?<div class="ExternalClassDD00AE5A41CA41D0A5A737AEFCCF0B88"><div>A copy of the plat showing your property lines may be available at the <a href="">Register of Deeds</a>.   In addition, this information can be determined by a Professional Land Surveyor after completing an accurate field survey in accordance with North Carolina’s rules, regulations and laws.</div></div>
I want to build (above). <div class="ExternalClassCC54FF371A214C13BC33BC0CC5D3CFBD"><div>Residential permitting is handled Mecklenburg County.  The County’s <a href="">Residential Technical Answer Center</a> (RTAC)  can provide information and answer inquiries regarding residential permitting.  </div></div>
How can I obtain a License to do work in Mecklenburg County for any of the above?<div class="ExternalClass626D09FC4C3F42CDB75E7992BEBE9A37"><div>A Business License is required to do business in Mecklenburg County. Business licenses are issued by the <a href="">Business Tax Collections Office </a>(704-336-6315).</div></div>
How do I obtain a copy of the Land Development Standards Manual?<div class="ExternalClassAEE688A499804CCCA30E703DF0C8D064"><p>​The current manual is available via download <a href="/ld/CLDSM/">here</a>. Because the Charlotte Land Development Standards Manual is a dynamic document, it is the responsibility of the user to ensure the most recent standards are being specified. It is recommended that you subscrib to receive notifications of revisions to the manual via email or text <a href="">here</a>. </p></div>
How do I post a contractors bond?<div class="ExternalClassA69D5BCBB56F4C13994FD62C0EB60B7C"><div>Contractor bonds are issued through Mecklenburg County.  Additional information is available from <a href="">Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement</a>.</div></div>
Who is managing this project?<div class="ExternalClass45EF5BFA7A604EB79512128EA3D922EE"><p>If there are City of Charlotte vehicles and equipment, it could be one of several types of City projects.  Information about the various City projects, including project descriptions and contact information,  is available by clicking on the following links:<br>• <a href="/StormWater/Projects/Pages/defaultOLD.aspx">Storm Water Projects </a>(culverts in creeks, street gutters, rain related projects);<br>• <a href="/Projects/Pages/TransportationProjects.aspx">Transportation Projects </a>(street widening or repaving projects);<br>• <a href="/engineering/projects">Engineering and Property Management Projects </a>(neighborhood or sidewalk projects);<br>• <a href="/Water">Utilities Projects</a> (water and sewer improvement) projects.<br></p></div>
What is the process for rezoning a piece of property?<div class="ExternalClassA817852B058A4388AACD17A3B6F58AE5"><div>The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission administers the <a href="/planning/Pages/Zoning.aspx">rezoning process</a>.</div></div>
Where can I get a copy of the approved rezoning for this property?<div class="ExternalClass69D3758DF51248A88863229E601C1D57"><div>The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission maintains a log of <a href="/planning/Rezoning/Pages/Home.aspx">approved rezonings by year</a>.</div></div>
I see a yellow rezoning sign up, what is it for?<div class="ExternalClass6C276885CC8D424FA02C55320511CACF"><div>Information on a particular rezoning case can be obtained from the Planning Commission’s <a href="/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/Pages/home.aspx">rezoning log for current and approved rezonings</a>.</div></div>
What is the process for subdividing/re-combining property?<div class="ExternalClass66ED9087D51B4735918BF70455F7CF1F"><div>The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission administers the <a href="/planning/Subdivision/Pages/Home.aspx">subdivision process</a>.</div></div>
Can I close the alley behind my house and use the property?<div class="ExternalClass65B29339460F46D1BE200BB7C9BD60A7"><div>Alleyways are typically dedicated to the City for acceptance by the original developer whom subdivided the lots and recorded the original subdivision plat at the Register of Deeds Office.  However, the City did not necessarily officially accept these offers of dedications.  This means that the alleyways are basically ingress and egress easements to the City, the public, abutting property owners.  This does not mean that ownership of these areas belong to the abutting owners.  The only time that it does belong to the abutting owners is when their original property deed or survey specifically states/shows that it does.  In most cases it does not and the alleyways are shown on the recorded subdivision plats as being totally separate from the private parcel property lines.  The only way to permanently close any dedicated right-of-way including an alleyway is through the <a href="/transportation">City right of way abandonment process</a>.</div></div>
Who can I talk to about abandoning a street?<div class="ExternalClass52405772598E4BC3B6081F823CADB2EB"> <div>You can contact Linda Poissant, Engineering Services Supervisor at (704) 336-2562 or Jeff Boenisch, Engineering Assistant at (704) 336-3888 of Charlotte Department of Transportation Right-of-Way Management Section for information about the <a href="/transportation">City right of way abandonment process</a>.</div></div>
I need to temporarily close a street/sidewalk/alley for construction purposes. How can I do that?<div class="ExternalClass6871BC8D79554F00A68A375F938FCAAF"><div>Requests to temporarily close any right-of-way for 30-days or less will require a temporary <a href="/Transportation/Permits/Pages/Permits.aspx">right-of-way use permit</a>, which can be processed on a case by case basis by contacting Bob Staley, Chief Right-of-Way Inspector at (704) 432-1562 at no cost.  If the request of the closure is for more than 30-days, then a right-of-way lease agreement will need to be obtained and requires a fee calculated by staff based on the value of the adjacent property next to proposed closure.  Please contact Linda Poissant, Engineering Services Supervisor at (704) 336-2562 or Jeff Boenisch, Engineering Assistant at (704) 336-3888 to obtain information and/or assistance with obtaining a right-of-way lease agreement.</div></div>
How do I set up a presubmittal meeting? <div class="ExternalClass510E26BCD75B4257B6229F3F30D2A907"><p>​To set up a presubmittal meeting, fill out the<strong> presubmittal meeting request form (need to create form in Seamless Docs)</strong>. Meetings are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Meeting times are Fridays 9 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. (45 minutes each). You will be scheduled for the next available meeting time and will receive a written email confirmation. Cancellation notice is required by 12 p.m. (noon) the Wednesday before the scheduled date.​​</p></div>
Connections?<div class="ExternalClass39A256A555F34EC8B6A57568E62B31D4">Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities (CMU) is responsible for establishing <a href="/Water">water and sewer connections</a>.</div>
How do I get my surety released?<div class="ExternalClass888A86B1D5BD45679C06AA7617FB2516"><div>Surety release/returns may be requested by completing a<a href="/ld/Documents/Final%20Inspection%20Bond%20Release%20Form.pdf"> Final Inspection/Bond Release Request Form</a>.  Please note, the applicable bond fee must be submitted for sureties greater than 4 (four) years from the original effective date.  The release/return will not be processed until a completed the Final Inspection/Bond Release Request Form and payment is received.  Click <a href="/ld/BondAdministration/Pages/default.aspx">here</a> for additional information on surety releases.</div></div>
Who is my inspector and how can I contact them?<div class="ExternalClassC4C6735332BA4322A617E28FFB87EB51"><div><div><div><p>This <a href="">VirtualCharlotte GIS map</a> shows Site Inspector, Urban Forester, Erosion Control Inspector and Senior Review Engineer areas and contact informat​ion. Zoom in and click on a parcel for info.  Alternatively, view the  <a href="/ld/Documents/Land%20Development%20Public%20Telephone%20List.pdf">Complete LD Staff directory</a>.</p></div></div></div></div>
How do I get the sidewalk in front of my house repaired?<div class="ExternalClass6C4AAFE6E30345DA852EEF5E14938F82"><div>The Charlotte Department of Transportation (CDOT) inspects sidewalks and will repair unsafe conditions to sidewalk.  For additional information or to report an unsafe sidewalk, click <a href="/Transportation/CDOTServices/Pages/Frequent%20Requests.aspx">here</a>.  </div></div>
There are construction people on my street, what are they doing?<div class="ExternalClass800AB6A573034622B9BA00592C500C3E"><p>If there are City of Charlotte vehicles and equipment, it could be one of several types of City projects.  Information about the various City projects, including project descriptions and contact information,  is available by clicking on the following links:<br>• <a href="/StormWater/Projects/Pages/defaultOLD.aspx">Storm Water Projects </a>(culverts in creeks, street gutters, rain related projects);<br>• <a href="/Projects/Pages/TransportationProjects.aspx">Transportation Projects </a>(street widening or repaving projects);<br>• <a href="/Engineering/EngineeringServices/Pages/Projects.aspx">Engineering and Property Management Projects </a>(neighborhood or sidewalk projects);<br>• <a href="/Water">Utilities Projects</a> (water and sewer improvement) projects.<br></p></div>
How do I get speed humps installed on my neighborhood street?<div class="ExternalClassFF51253C6A5544F2937E8924E3A2980B"><p>Visit the CDOT website for more information on Speed Humps and other traffic calming devices and techniques: <a href="/transportation/cdotservices">CDOT Services ​</a></p></div>
There is a sinkhole in my yard/neighborhood, who can come out and investigate?<div class="ExternalClass9F07A022770A416FA7E669438E218E83"> <p dir="ltr" align="left">Contact <a href="/StormWater">Storm Water Services</a> to report a sinkhole.  </p></div>
Who is managing this project?<div class="ExternalClassC1539599281C40D1A1E577FDE8B3A7A8"><p>​While the City does not manage projects for private utilities, we review plans and issue utility right of way permits prior to installations.</p><p>Refer to the <a href="/Transportation/Permits/Pages/RightofWayUse.aspx" target="_blank"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Utility Right of Way Program</span></a> website for more information. </p></div>
Do I need a permit to cut my trees?<div class="ExternalClassDC4BD5E26FBE419995514D7771D3D4C4"><p>A permit is required to cut or prune trees on commercial property and single family subdivisions permitted after 3-19-02.  You do not need a permit to cut any tree on personal property.  The one exception is required tree save areas within single family subdivisions that may be in people’s back yard.   This is because most commercial properties and single family subdivisions had to comply with the tree ordinance and removing a tree could cause that parcel to be in violation or non-compliance of the tree ordinance.  The permit is FREE.  Trees that grow between the sidewalk and street are in the City’s Right of Way, and cannot be removed without a permit from <a href="/engineering/landscapemanagement">Landscape Management</a>.  Sometimes there is no sidewalk, so if you’re not sure call 704-336-4262 to verify ownership.</p></div>
What is CDOT’s role in the construction of private utilities?<div class="ExternalClassA383A3A46C834E8ABA081A47FE0438E4"><p>​CDOT is responsible for managing the City's roadways and anticipating disruptions as a result of related construction. Providers and contractors installing this infrastructure must adhere to the Charlotte Department of Transportation (CDOT) Right of Way Management Utility Standards and Provisions. This requires plans for any installations within the City's right of way, to be submitted, reviewed and approved by CDOT as it pertains to location and feasibility. CDOT staff works with utility providers to provide project updates and to minimize disruptions.</p><p>Information on how CDOT regulates utilities within the right of way can be found at <a href="/Transportation/Permits/Pages/RightofWayUse.aspx"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">CDOT's Utility Right of Way Management</span></a> webpage. </p></div>
Limb/Tree is dying/dead, will the City take it down/trim?<div class="ExternalClass3F4FFAE05F0D4EE5B6EB2A8C7EDA4D0B"><p>The only trees that the city will prune or remove are the trees located within the city right of way.  <a href="/engineering/landscapemanagement">Landscape Management</a> handles these matters on a case by case basis.  Call 704-336-4262 to have the tree inspected.</p></div>
Tree has fallen in my yard/sidewalk/street, who can clean it up?<div class="ExternalClass542AAEE0B3374E288D587A8A9B57E3E7"> <p><a href="/engineering/landscapemanagement">Landscape Management </a>will remove or clean up any debris that falls into the right of way (street and sidewalk).  Call Landscape Management at 704-336-4262 or 311 (704-336-7600) for assistance.  All trees or debris outside the right of way is the responsibility of the owner.</p></div>
Building permits and code enforcement<div class="ExternalClass0DFFCD777CB246589940974BEC82A554"><ul><li><span style="line-height:1.6;">​</span><a href="" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Buildi</strong><strong></strong><strong>ng permits</strong></a><strong style="line-height:1.6;"> </strong><span style="line-height:1.6;">- Information on obtaining building permits at Mecklenburg County</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="">Mecklenburg County Commercial Technical Assistance Center (CTAC)</a></strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Information related to commercial building issues</span><br></li><li><a href="" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement</strong></a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - </span><a href="" style="line-height:1.6;"></a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> </span><br></li><li><a href="" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Residential Technical Assistance Center (RTAC) </strong></a><span style="line-height:1.6;">- Information and technical assistance in relation to the North Carolina Bu​ilding Code​</span><br></li></ul></div>
Commercial projects<div class="ExternalClass4E9DE85104CB449BA18D2CBA0009B4AA"><p></p><ul><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;">​</strong><a href="/ld/CommercialPlanReview/" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Commercial plan review</strong></a><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Navigate the Commercial Plan Review process with a step-by-step guide​</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/ExpeditedReviews.aspx">Expedited review</a></strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Commercial development plans may qualify for submittal into the expedited review program</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/CommercialPlanReview/Pages/pre-submittal.aspx">Presubmittal meetings</a></strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Schedule a presubmittal meeting for a commercial development project</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/Urban.aspx">Urban projects</a>​</strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Special review team and process</span></li><li><span style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/Letter-of-Agreement.aspx"><strong>Letter of Agreement</strong> </a>- Special process to facilitate the release of holds for Engineering, Urban Forestry and Zoning on a Certificate of Occupancy (CO).</span></li></ul> <p></p></div>
Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program and Permits<div class="ExternalClassA2591327442C4F988C8671E629B079E1"><p> </p><ul><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/CMCSI">CMCSI </a>- </strong><span style="line-height:1.6;">Information on how to attend a seminar and become certified as a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector (CMCSI)</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/ElectronicPlanReview.aspx">EPLAN review</a></strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - City of Charlotte Land Development's Electronic Plan Review Program - Submit your commercial site development plans and as-builts via eamil and save paper!</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/ErosionControl.aspx">Erosion control</a></strong><strong style="line-height:1.6;"> -</strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> City of Charlotte erosion control ordinance, review and inspection program, CMCSI information and more</span><br></li><li><a href="/ld/Pages/GradingPermits.aspx" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Grading permits</strong> </a><span style="line-height:1.6;">- Obtain a grading permit for land-disturbing activity from the Land Development Division</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/LotGradingPlans.aspx">Lot grading plans</a>​</strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Information about plans and permit</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">s required for grading in subdivisions to establish house lot pads</span><br></li></ul> <p> </p><p><strong></strong> </p></div>
Storm Water - PCCO<div class="ExternalClass855ECC98104A4B719A71732090B62DD5"><p> </p><ul><li><a href="/ld/Pages/As-builtSurveys.aspx" style="line-height:1.6;">​<strong>As-built surveys</strong></a><span style="line-height:1.6;">​</span><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Information on submitting and obtaining City approval of as-built surveys for storm drainage and stormwater management facilities (BMPs and detention)</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/Drainage%20Plans%20and%20Flood%20Studies.aspx">Draining plans and flood studies</a></strong><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/StormWater/Regulations/Pages/default.aspx">Post-construction controls ordinance (PCCO)</a></strong></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"></strong><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/StormWater/Regulations/Pages/Buffers.aspx">Stream buffer impact mitigation plan review</a>​ </strong> <span style="line-height:1.6;">- Submittal, review process and approvals</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">​​</span></li></ul><p> </p></div>
Subdivisions<div class="ExternalClassEE829EEF15464E52BFF3B1A6806A336A"><ul><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/BondAdministration/">​Bond administration</a></strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Bond program for developers and builders of subdivision streets and infrastructure</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/PLANNING/SUBDIVISION/SUBDIVISIONPROCESS/Pages/Home.aspx">Plat review (Planning)</a> </strong><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/PLANNING/SUBDIVISION/SUBDIVISIONPROCESS/Pages/Home.aspx">Subivision review (Planning)</a></strong><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/PLANNING/SUBDIVISION/SUBDIVISIONPROCESS/Pages/Home.aspx">Subdivision sketch plan review (Planning)​</a></strong><br></li></ul></div>
Water & sewer<div class="ExternalClassCC1E2C62A75D45A5A6A8FF59B6C07BEB"><p></p><ul><li><a href="/Water" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>​Charlotte Water</strong></a><strong style="line-height:1.6;"> </strong><span style="line-height:1.6;">- Provides water and sewer service</span><br></li><li><a href="/Water/Pages/BusinessDevelopment.aspx" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Charlotte Water business development services ​</strong></a><span style="line-height:1.6;">- Capital improvement projects, contractor information, developer-donated projects, new water meter or sewer tap construction, surveying, temporary water service from a fire hydrant​​</span><br></li><li><a href="/Water/Development/NewTaps/Pages/InstallationDevelopmentServices.aspx" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Charlotte Water installation and development projects​</strong></a><strong style="line-height:1.6;"> </strong><span style="line-height:1.6;">- Formerly known as new services and donated projects</span><span style="line-height:1.6;">​</span></li></ul> <p>​</p></div>
Zoning<div class="ExternalClass1AC804D988E046ABBE3150CC111092F0"><p><ul><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/ld/Pages/CommercialZoning.aspx">Commercial zoning review</a></strong><br></li><li><a href="/planning/HistoricDistricts" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Historic Districts</strong></a><strong style="line-height:1.6;">​ </strong><span style="line-height:1.6;">- Charlotte's Historic Districts (Dilworth, Fourth Ward, Plaza-Midwood, Wesley Heights, Hermitage Court and Wilmore)​</span><br></li><li><a href="/planning/Rezoning/Pages/Home.aspx" style="line-height:1.6;"><strong>Rezoning</strong></a><strong style="line-height:1.6;"> (Planning)</strong><span style="line-height:1.6;"> - Ap​ply for rezoning petitions</span><br></li><li><strong style="line-height:1.6;"><a href="/planning/zoningadministration" style="line-height:1.6;">Zoning administration (Planning)</a></strong><span style="line-height:1.6;">​</span></li></ul> </p> <a href="/planning/Rezoning/Pages/Home.aspx"> </a></div>

Use SHIFT+ENTER to open the menu (new window).
expand Category : ABC - Permits/Inspection ‎(2)
expand Category : Bonds ‎(3)
expand Category : Close a Street/Sidewalk/Alley ‎(3)
expand Category : Commercial Zoning ‎(2)
expand Category : Construction Projects on my Street/Sidewalk/Neighborhood ‎(3)
expand Category : Driveways ‎(2)
expand Category : Hold Release (City and County) ‎(4)
expand Category : Inspections ‎(2)
expand Category : Mud/Erosion/Sediment ‎(1)
expand Category : PCCO ‎(4)
expand Category : Recombining/Subdividing Property ‎(1)
expand Category : Residential Building - Garages/Storage/Additions/Roofs/Electrical/Plumbing/HVAC ‎(4)
expand Category : Rezoning ‎(3)
expand Category : Right of Way Management Permitted Private Utilities ‎(8)
expand Category : Sidewalks ‎(1)
expand Category : Signs - Permits/Sizes/Violations/Where Did Mine Go ‎(2)
expand Category : Sinkholes ‎(1)
expand Category : Stormwater/Drainage ‎(3)
expand Category : Streets ‎(1)
expand Category : Surveys/Property Lines/Land Records ‎(4)
expand Category : Trees - Dead/Dying/Overhanging/Fallen/Cutting ‎(4)
expand Category : Water/Sewer - CMUD ‎(2)
expand Category : What is Going On - Grading/Timbering/Construction/Subdivisions/Roads ‎(3)
expand Category : What Triggers a Land Development Review/Do I Need to Submit? ‎(1)
expand Category : Zoning Verification Letters ‎(1)