Land Development

Grading Permits

A City of Charlotte Grading Permit is needed prior to any land disturbing activity that will disturb one or more acres, in aggregate, in any unit tract or subdivision.  In some instances a Lot Grading Permit may be obtained.  A grading letter of approval and an NPDES permit will be provided upon plan approval.   

Plans can be uploaded to Accela Electronic Document Review