Land Development

‚ÄčCommercial Project City Engineering CO Hold Release Request

When construction is satisfactorily completed, City Engineering, Commercial Zoning, and Urban Forestry inspectors will release their "holds" that have been placed on the Certificate of Occupancy (CO) for the project. To determine what holds have been placed on your project, view the Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement website at http://webpermit.mecklenburgcountync.govComplete the following information in order for City staff to respond to your request.

Who are my LD inspectors?
Need to determine who your inspector is?  Visit the Charlotte Explorer GIS Map at https://explore.charlottenc.govand turn on the layer "Planning --> Land Development - Construction Inspectors" and "Land Development - Urban Forestry Inspector."  Once you click on your parcel to determine the inspector for your project, their contact info will show up on the left side of the map. 

What work is required to be finished before holds are released?
Prior to requesting a Commercial Project Engineering CO hold release, ensure all site work is completed per the CO Checklist contained in the Pre-Construction Info Packet and Tree Ordinance checklists.

When will my hold be released?

Your inspector will make every effort to inspect your site as soon as possible, but please allow three (3) business days. If a hold is not released within three (3) business days, then contact your inspector directly. If you have any other questions, please call our customer service line at 704-336-6692. 


Please wait a moment while the form loads... If it doesn't load after a few moments, please access the form by clicking here.