What is CMCSI?
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector (CMCSI) was created to provide ordinance-required minimum training for construction site self-inspectors and other interested participants. Upon completion a certification test will be administered for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector designation. In addition to gaining further knowledge of Sediment and Erosion Control the certification will allow individuals to perform NPDES log book entries on construction sites to maintain compliance with the City of Charlotte/Mecklenburg County Soil and Sedimentation Control Ordinance.
How do I become certified?
Due to COVID-19 and restrictions on in-person gatherings
we have set up an online certification module. To become certified you will need to complete the "new" online Charlotte Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector seminar and pass the test. The online class can take up to 5 hours to complete. You will be notified whether you passed or failed the test by email. It can take up to 2 weeks to receive your results. Please use the link here
to begin the online course and test.
How do I maintain my CMCSI certification?
CMCSI is a two-year certification which must be renewed ONLY by:
- Complete the online Charlotte-Mecklenburg Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Training Seminar; and pass the end of course test.
- If you are currently certified and looking for recertification use the link below.
- Complete the CMCSI recertification process that will extend your certification by 2 years (must be completed within 90 days before or 90 days after expiration). Click the link below to begin the recertification process:
Charlotte Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector Recertification
From here there are the steps.
- Change the Tab from HOME to CMCSI.
- In APPLICANT NAME you will search each applicant using first or last name. You must enter it using (%NAME)
- i.e. %FIRST or LAST NAME for yourself
- You will click on the record that matches your search results.
- This is only the case if there are multiple people with the same first or last name, otherwise it will skip this step.
- Click RECORD INFO and select ATTACHMENTS
- You can view/download the certificate there.
For additional information please contact Justin Klein at email@example.com or 704-609-4765