The Cabinet meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. These monthly meetings are open to everyone and the public is encouraged to attend.
City Council gave the Cabinet the following charges:
- Provide input and recommendations to City Council on topics pertaining to international affairs of domestic and foreign origin.
- Promote a forum to convene the international, immigrant, and other communities to raise visibility of issues facing the community at large, and promote collaboration among Charlotte's diverse population.
- Encourage growth of international business through partnerships that support globally-competitive workforce development, entrepreneurship, foreign direct investment, and exporting.
- Keep City Council and City staff abreast of conditions in the international and immigrant communities, and how these conditions might affect business-government relations.
- Advise Mayor and Council on international travel and on formal invitations for incoming delegations.