Community harmony matters to us all
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations is the human relations agency for the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. The department seeks to enhance community harmony and promote awareness of Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s growing multiculturalism by facilitating community dialogue and meetings, and coordinating resident and organizational coalitions to address community issues and concerns. Community Relations accomplishes this mission by:
- Addressing discrimination through enforcement of the city’s Fair Housing Ordinance.
- Collaborating with CMPD to improve police community relations
- Serving on host committees for cultural events (MLK Celebration) Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Citywide Birthday Celebration.
- Serving as mediators during conflict resolution.
- Ensuring Americans with Disability Act Title I and II compliance citywide
We advocate for an inclusive community where trust, acceptance, fairness and equity are the community norms.
A Charlotte-Mecklenburg where people's differences are acknowledged, understood and appreciated.