Bottom Line: Don't take photos on the tracks!
Tracks are not for you to take your photos. It is unsafe and illegal!
Did you know it is considered trespassing to take photos on the LYNX Blue Line without prior permission?
You CAN receive a citation or even jail time
from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police for trespassing and you WILL be asked to
remove any photos of dangerous and illegal photos from your site and social
Learn the basics of rail safety:
- Always expect a train. Trains can run on any track, at any time, from either direction. Even if you can’t see or hear the rail vehicle, that doesn’t mean it isn’t coming.
- Trains cannot swerve out of the way of pedestrians, cyclists, or vehicles. It’s your responsibility to stay out of the way of the light rail and streetcar.
- Trains always have the right-of-way. All day, every day.
- Light Rail trains can’t stop as quickly as you can. It takes 600 ft. (that’s two football fields!) for a light rail train to stop.
- Don’t let your smartphone be a distraction. Tracks are for trains, not selfies. Stay alert. Stay alive.
- Obey all rail traffic signs and signals. They are there for your safety, not as an inconvenience.