People 62 years and up, people with disabilities, with Transit ID or Medicare Card.
purchasing and riding with a Senior or Disabled ticket must be prepared
to provide a valid Medicare card or Transit ID. **YOUTH/STUDENT:
Youth in grades K - 12 with a valid Transit or Student ID - 7 days a week.
Children 12 and under are to be accompanied by an adult.
Children 5 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult and ride free. ROUND-TRIP TICKETS:
first ride, the ride away from the station where the ticket was
purchased, has to be completed within ninety minutes. After ninety
minutes, a patron can no longer use that ticket to ride away from the
station where the ticket was purchased. If a fare inspector finds a
patron riding away from the station of purchase outside the ninety
minute window, that person could be subject to a citation. The second
ride, back towards the station of purchase, can be taken any time before
the end of the service day in which the ticket was purchased.COMMUTER CHECKS:
Charlotte Area Transit System does accept Commuter Checks. In an
effort to better serve you, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines.
- A Commuter Check is redeemable for transit passes and tokens.
- A customer with a Commuter Check may only purchase up to 8 passes at one time.
- Commuter Checks can only be redeemed at the Charlotte Transportation Center Pass Sales and Information Center.
- If you purchase passes that cost less than the value of your
Commuter Check, the difference cannot be returned as change, only tokens
or pass protectors.
- If you purchase passes that cost more than the value of your
Commuter Check, you must make up the difference with cash, personal
check, VISA or Master Card.
- You must use your Commuter Check before it expires. CATS will not accept a Commuter Check after its expiration date.
- CATS will not exchange Commuter Checks for cash.
- Handle your Commuter Check with care. It will not be accepted if it is worn, torn or has been tampered with.
College students are
considered adults and thus must posses a valid adult ticket when
riding. Most of the area colleges and universities have pass purchase
programs through CATS that provide students with reduced prices when
purchasing those passes through the college / university.
Bus transfers are valid on LYNX if used with the time indicated on the back of transfer.
Prices and schedules are subject to change.
PROOF OF PAYMENT:
LYNX Blue Line operates as a proof of payment fare collection system.
You must possess a ticket or pass with a valid date and time in order to
ride. A valid monthly or weekly pass is also considered as proof of
payment. 10-ride passes and STS yellow tickets are not valid on LYNX
CATS' Fare Inspectors
and Police Officers will check for valid tickets and passes aboard the
LYNX Blue Line. Remember to keep your ticket handy until exiting at
your final destination. Customers purchasing and riding with a
senior/disabled or youth/student ticket must provide a valid Medicare
Card or transit id. Failure to possess a valid ticket or pass could
result in a citation of $50 and you may face a Class 3 misdemeanor
charge. If received a citation from CATS you can learn more about paying
or appearing your citation by CLICKING HERE