Riding CATS is easy. Here are a few tips to get you started:
Have your fare ready.
- Exact fare or a CATS pass is acceptable. All fares are posted on the farebox as you enter the bus.
- If you need a transfer, please ask the driver. Transfers are good for 105 minutes. They are free unless you are transferring to a connecting service whose fare is higher than the one you paid.
Once you arrive at your bus stop, make sure that the route you are using is listed on the bus stop sign. You can also check the bus stop ID, which is a 4 to 5 digit code, listed on the bus stop pole. This ID can be used when calling into 704.336.7433, and selecting the option to receive schedule information via stop ID. Or you can input the stop ID in the CATS-Pass mobile app, after selecting Plan, clicking the magnifying glass, and selecting STOP.
Get on your bus.
- Allow other passengers to exit the bus before boarding.
- Generally seating near the front is reserved for the elderly and mobility impaired passengers.
- You must carry on baby strollers and other small items. Please do not block the aisles.
- Lastly, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Get off at your stop.
- About one block from your stop gather your belongings and ring the bell. This will signal to the driver to stop at the next bus stop.
- Exit through the front or rear doors.
Providing feedback or ADA Complaint.
- To provide feedback or register an
ADA complaint please
click here for our customer sevice contact info.
- The CATS-Pass mobile app allows for you to file a complaint or submit Safety and Security concerns directly to us. Simply select the MORE option. For security or safety concerns, select Transit Security. This option allows for you to safely and anonymously submit security issues, via the See Say App. These concerns go directly to CATS Safety and Security department, and allows for you to record and take pictures discreetly. If you have a non-security concern, you can submit that concern by selecting Help & Support, and the Email Us Feedback. This information is submitted to our Customer Service professionals who will forward your concern appropriately.