Riding CATS is easy. Here are a few tips to get you started:
Plan your trip. Look at the CATS System Map to determine which bus route(s) you need to take to reach your destination. The system map gives an overview of all the bus service.
Go to your bus stop.
Be at your bus stop a few minutes early. Look at the headway sign above the windshield for the route number and name.
When you see the bus approaching stand near the bus stop sign and have your fare ready. Be sure to stand where the operator can see you.
Have Your Fare Ready
- Exact fare or a CATS pass is acceptable. All fares are posted on the farebox as you enter the bus.
- If you need a transfer, please ask the driver. Transfers are good for 90 minutes. They are free unless you are transferring to a higher priced service.
Get on your bus.
- Allow other passengers to exit the bus before boarding.
- Generally seating near the front is reserved for the elderly and mobility impaired passengers.
- You must carry on baby strollers and other small items. Please do not block the aisles.
- Lastly, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Get off at your stop.
- About one block from your stop gather your belongings and ring the bell. This will signal to the driver to stop at the next bus stop.
- Exit through the front or rear doors.
Providing feedback or ADA Complaint.
- To provide feedback or register an
ADA complaint please
click here for our customer sevice contact info.