- Paid seven-month program.
- The initial month includes fundamental skills training, worksite tours, financial literacy training, and skills assessment to determine which tract each intern will follow in the subsequent months.
- On-the-job training will include experience in various water and wastewater industry positions within Charlotte Water.
More than an InternshipThis initiative will develop a pipeline of future workers with the skills and abilities needed to fill entry-level positions in water/wastewater or similar industries.
Benefits that build a better future
- Paid training
- Fundamental skills training.
- Network with professionals in the field.
- Develop transferable skills.
- Explore a career path.
How to apply
All candidates must apply through the online application process at the City of Charlotte Human Resources Page
. No e-mailed, mailed, or faxed resumes will be accepted in lieu of the online application process.
Pipeline Academy Schedule
- The first four weeks are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 8 am-4 pm.
- The next six months are Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- At least 18 years old.
- High school graduate or have a GED.
- Physically able to perform the work.