Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Tours
Tours are being done at the following plants (this information is subject to change):
Lee S. Dukes Water Treatment Plant
7980 Babe Stillwell Road
Charlotte, NC 28078
McDowell Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant
4901 Neck Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
Mallard Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant
12400 Hwy. 29 North
Charlotte, NC 28262
School and professional group tour requests are handled on a case-by-case basis under the following guidelines:
- Requests must be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to the desired tour date.
- Tours are limited to groups of 30 people maximum.
- Tours are conducted between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., Wednesdays and Thursdays (in some cases we may be able to accommodate tours outside of these hours).
- Tours last approximately two hours.
- Tours participants must be at least 9 years old or in 4th grade.
- For school grades four through seven, we require chaperons at a 1:5 ratio. For grades eight and up, we require chaperones at a 1:8 ratio.
- All tour participants will be required to sign a liability release prior to arriving for the tour.
- Tour participants will be required to adhere to all safety requirements at our facilities.
- Tours will be suspended and/or canceled immediately in the event of safety or security concerns at the facility.
- Because of staffing limitations, a limited number of tours are available. Tours will be scheduled on a first-come, first served basis.
- These are tours of operational facilities and may pose challenges for those with physical limitations. Please contact us prior to booking a tour if you have concerns in this area.
Requests cannot be processed until all information is complete. Allow a minimum of five business days for requests to be reviewed, approved and confirmed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.