​Amplified Sound


CMPD Field Services Division, (704) 432-0428

Sound magnified through any amplification device (speakers, microphone, bullhorn, etc.) is considered amplified sound and is regulated through the City’s Noise Ordinance (Section 15-64). The Noise Ordinance outlines specific levels of amplified sound allowed depending on the location and time of the event.

Events receiving a Public Assembly or Parade Permit do not need to apply for additional permits for amplified sound.

All other events, must submit an application to the CMPD’s Field Services Division for an amplified sound permit on either the public right-of-way or private property.

City/County Noise Ordinance Information and Amplified Sound Permit Applications