Report A Problem

​​Report A Problem

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services is a joint municipal/county stormwater utility that includes the City of Charlotte, the surrounding towns of Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Matthews, Mint Hill and Pineville and Mecklenburg County.

To Report a P​​roblem or Request Service:

  • Call 3-1-1 during the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday - Friday. ​ Closed weekends and City-recognized holidays. If you are calling from outside Mecklenburg County or if your cellular carrier will not connect you to 3-1-1, dial 704-336-7600. Call 9-1-1 in the case of an immediate emergency. CharMeck 311 directs stormwater related problems and requests for service to Storm Water Services staff.

Types of Problems to Report​​

Pollution in Storm Drains, Streams or Lakes

Flooding of Streets and Structures

Blockage of Storm Drain or Stream

Erosion or Sinkholes near Storm Drainage Infrastructure

Construction Site Erosion and Sediment Control

Severe Streambank Erosion

Storm Water Fees and Billing

Call 3-1-1 if you have ​specific questions regarding your bil​l.​

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services is a public entity subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law. Any information you provide is potentially subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request.​​​