In conjunction with the Town of Huntersville, Mecklenburg County Storm Water Services plans to design and implement a watershed and stream improvement project to restore the creeks to a more stable, natural condition. The project includes approximately 5,000 feet of Torrence Creek Tributary #1 from I-77 to North Mecklenburg Park, 1,000 feet of Delancey Tributary, 1,000 feet of Ricksted Tributary, 1,000 feet of Park South Tributary, and 1,000 feet of Park North Tributary.
- Stabilize eroded stream banks
- Restore the floodplain to its natural state and function
- Change the stream path to a more natural design
- Improve habitat for aquatic life
- Enhance water quality
- Construct stormwater control measures (SCMs) to reduce pollution in the Torrence tributaries
Estimated Cost: $1,900,000*
*includes all costs associated with this project such as planning and design, utility relocation, consultant fees, permits, construction, and landscaping.
The project team will manage the project through several phases. Specific work is conducted during each phase. Public involvement is emphasized throughout the process.