Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services will construct a floodplain and stream restoration project on approximately 6,100 linear feet of Kings Branch. The project consists of bank stabilization and vertical realignment of the channel bed, aquatic habitat improvement, and planting of native vegetation. The project has dual goals of reducing flood risk and improving water quality within the project area. FEMA Grant funding has been approved.
- Stabilize eroded stream banks
- Restore the floodplain to its natural state and function
- Change the stream path to a more natural design
- Improve habitat for aquatic life
- Enhance water quality
- Improve stormwater control measures (SCMs) to reduce pollution