Solid Waste Services

​​Just Moved?

What do you do when you just moved to a new residence and an existing garbage and/or recycling cart isn't there? Contact us and we'll have carts delivered to you! ​Call CharMeck 311 (704.336.7600) to request a cart.

Additional Garbage And/Or Recycling Carts

Need a second garbage or recycling cart? Call 311 (704.336.7600) to order a second cart. The price for the additional cart is $40 each.

Cart Repair & Replacement Requests

If your rollout needs repair or replacement please submit a cart repair or replacement request to Please provide the following information when submitting a cart repair request online: 

  • Your name

  • Your address

  • Your telephone number

  • Your email address

  • Type of cart needing repair or replacement (garbage and/or recycling)

  • Nature of problem (i.e., lid, wheel broken, etc.)

It is important that you provide this information so that a Solid Waste Services representative can contact you regarding your request.

In order to receive cart repair services, rollout carts must be at curbside for service beginning the day the service request is made. Please allow up to 2 business days for cart repair or replacement. 

Note: If the cart is not available for service, you must call 311 to reschedule service. There is a 2 business day turnaround on missed service requests. The cart can be repaired and/or picked up with or without collection materials in the cart. Disability customers do not have to place carts at curbside for repair or replacement.