Item Preparation Quick Tips
Below are quick tips to item preparation. For detailed information, click on any of the services.
Garbage and yard waste collection services are provided weekly. Recycling collection service is provided every-other-week but on the same day as garbage and yard waste collection. Bulky waste collection is provided on the same day as other collection services but must be scheduled for collection - please call CharMeck 311 (704.336.7600) or schedule online.
All collection items need to be placed curbside no sooner than the day before your scheduled collection day and no later than 6:00 am day of collection.
- Bag all garbage before putting it into the garbage cart. Loose garbage SHOULD NOT be placed in the garbage cart.
- Moving in/Moving out, have a large amount of items curbside. All large items need to be scheduled for bulk pick up before placing curbside.
- DO NOT park on the street on your collection day. On-street parking increases the risk of damage to personal property and can prevent collection.
- All carts need to be removed from the curbside after collection. No carts should remain curbside after the day of collection.
- All rollout container lids must be closed completely to insure proper service of trash collection. This will eliminate spillage from the rollout container onto the ground.
- Separate yard waste from other curbside trash or recyclables. Each collection item should be placed separately at the curb for immediate identification by the collector.
- All bulky items are collected in front of the home. This may not be the same location as the garbage cart collection.
- NO plastic bags in the recycling cart. Plastic bags damage recycling machinery and slow item processing. Recyclables should be placed loosely in the cart.
- All collection items should be placed curbside no later than 6 am on your collection day. Placing your items out any later may result in missed collection.
- Empty all appliances, remove any doors on appliances, and place tape in the shape of an X on TV screens and any glass. This reduces risk of injury.