- Construction start:
- Section 1 - October 2021 – Spring 2022: East Morehead Street to Medical Center Drive
- Section 2 - Summer 2022 – Spring 2023: Medical Center Drive to East Boulevard
- CLTWater and contractors are working with businesses and residents to minimize disruption.
- Charlotte Water fees (i.e. water bills) fund these improvement projects.
- Updates will be posted on this website and Nextdoor.
- The construction area will be beside Little Sugar Creek.
- Normal work hours: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The contractor will work nights and weekends only as needed.
- Updates will be posted on this website and NextDoor.
- Additional webpages:
- Clearing – Trees, shrubs, bushes and other vegetation within the construction easement area will be removed. Tree stumps will be removed and holes filled. Debris will be transported off-site. CLTWater is coordinating with an arborist to only remove what is needed to allow excavation of wastewater pipe. When and where possible, trees are preserved.
- Pipe delivery and storage – Pipe is delivered and stored within the construction easements along the creek.
- Establishing a safe work zone – Fencing will be put in place and pipe will be stabilized to prevent it from moving.
- Trench digging
- Tunneling under major roads
- Placing pipe and backfilling
- Underground rock blasting to install the pipe. Residents may hear a warning horn just prior to the blast. The area will be monitored with seismographs to gauge earth vibration levels as required. Blasting is a standard construction procedure and all safety precautions will be taken.
- Construction traffic (excavators, dump trucks) along the creek, within the easements or road right-of-way.
There are no planned water or wastewater service disruptions for this project. Any unplanned outages will be treated as emergencies and repaired immediately.
Customers shouldn't notice any odors from this project. If you smell odors in your building please pour a gallon of water into floor drains, toilets, and sinks.
All work will be on CLTWater easements or road right-of-ways. Customers will have access to driveways unless notified in advance.