Charlotte Water is replacing service lines pipes (between pipe under the street to water meter) in the Southwoods Village neighborhood starting in July 2020.
Streets include; Firewood Drive, Laurelwood Drive, Sweetgum Lane, Forest Wood Drive, Woodbend Drive, Acadia Lane, Oakeshade Lane, Hickory Knoll Court, Bayleaf Court, Pearwood Court, and Bentcreek Lane
- Construction start date: July 2020
- Construction completion date: Fall 2020
- The contractor and staff will have proper identification.
- No contractor or staff will need to enter any home.
- Crews will check the meter inside the water meter box.
- Customers don't need to be home.
- If your meter box is inside a locked area or if you have large animals near a meter box, please call so we can schedule work with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does my private plumbing start?
The property owner maintains water pipe from the end of meter box (including tailpiece) to building(s). The property owner is responsible for pipes and fixtures in the buildings and wastewater pipes until the edge of the street or street right-of-way (varies). Charlotte Water maintains water meter up to and including the meter yoke assembly, meter box, and water and wastewater pipes under the public street.
Does my plumbing need to be replaced?
Just as pipes under the street age and have an end of service, so does plumbing in your home. Consider planning for the eventual replacement of plumbing that exceeds 50 years.