CLTWater will abandon an existing 24-inch water main along S. Summit Avenue that is past its useful life, and connect two existing pipes under the intersection of South Summit Avenue and West Fourth Street Extension.
- Construction will start on October 29th and continue for at least two weeks.
- South Summit Avenue will be closed at West Fourth Street Extension for two-to-three weeks. Drivers will be detoured onto Grandin Road.
- Crews will work in the middle of the West Fourth Street Extension. Flaggers will help drivers navigate around.
- Street Parking may be restricted when construction is in the immediate area.
- CLTWater will mill and repave the Summit Avenue – W. 4th Street Extension intersection immediately upon completion of the water main installation.
- Construction may cause temporary cloudy, discolored water or lower than usual pressure. If you experience this, please run cold water for up to 15 minutes. If water doesn't clear, please call 311 and say or select 'water emergency' for assistance.
- Any unplanned water outages are considered emergencies and will be repaired as soon as possible.
- CLTWater works with CDOT and NCDOT to minimize traffic disruption. CDOT permitted road closures are posted on the CDOT's website.
- Updates will be posted on this website and NextDoor.