Charlotte Water (CLTWater) will replace an existing 2-inch galvanized steel pipe (GSP) water main with a new 2-inch water main on Oak Creek Drive from Lorraine Drive to the dead end. Construction is estimated to start on October 29th or later and last one month.
- Staff will notify affected customers of planned water outages 72-hours in advance.
- Any unplanned water outages are considered emergencies and will be repaired as soon as possible.
- Construction may cause temporary cloudy, discolored water or lower than usual pressure. If you experience this, please run cold water for up to 15 minutes. If water doesn't clear, please call 311 and say or select 'water emergency' for assistance.
- Lane closures may be required daily in coordination with CDOT.
- CLTWater works with CDOT and NCDOT to minimize traffic disruption. CDOT permitted road closures are posted on the CDOT's website.
Updates will be posted on this website and NextDoor.