- Construction start: Fall 2019 (tentative)
- Construction completion: Fall 2021 (tentative)
- Normal work hours: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The contractor will work nights and weekends only as needed.
- The construction area will be beside Irvins Creek tributary between Cross Point Circle and Tory Oak Place.
- Updates will be posted on this website and Nextdoor.
- Photobook of water and wastewater construction
What to expect:
Construction can be loud, dirty, and inconvenient. Crews will be using large machinery and storing materials within construction easements on site.
- Clearing - Trees, shrubs, and other vegetation within the 30-foot wide construction easement area will be removed. Debris will be transported off-site or tuned into mulch.
- Pipe delivery and storage – Pipes and other equipment are delivered and stored within the construction easements.
- Establishing a safe work zone – Fencing will be put in place and pipe will be stabilized to prevent it from moving.
- Trench digging.
- Crews will tunnel under Sam Newell Road.
- Placing pipe and backfilling.
- Customers may feel a rumble (Video)
- Crews may remove rock formations by blasting or rock hammers.
- Property owners within the 500-foot radius of blast sites were contacted in advance and offered a pre-blast survey.
- Blasting is a standard construction procedure and all safety precautions will be taken.
- Residents may hear a warning horn and feel a slight vibration or rumble similar to a slammed door or thunder.
- Blasting will be conducted as needed between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Expect most blasts will be scheduled in the afternoon.
Construction traffic (excavators, dump trucks) in the easements and road right-of-way. Once the pipe is installed near your property, you may continue to see construction traffic along the easements until the pipe is tested, manholes are adjusted and restoration is complete.