Charlotte Water (CLTWater) has launched a large water meter replacement project for 800 commercial customers, including multi-family apartment/condo, hospital, strip center, larger commercial and industrial. We will replace meters that are:
- Aged and beyond their useful life
- No longer compatible with current automated meter reading (AMR) systems
- Discontinued by the manufacturer
We are installing ultrasonic meters, which provide the latest technology available.
- Ultrasonic meters provide the most accurate reading possible and increased efficiency.
- With solid-state construction, there are no moving parts to degrade over time.
- Ultrasonic meters provide visual indicators for rate of flow and critical conditions such as an active leak.
- Project start: October 2020
- Project completion: October 2022
- Normal work hours: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For most customers, there will be no service disruption. There is an existing bypass for most meters, allowing service to continue. If there is a broken valve at the meter site, there may be a service disruption during the installation. We will schedule the meter replacement with the customer to minimize the business impact.
For more information, contact Jeff Jones, Water Meter Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.