Charlotte Water is replacing service lines pipes (between pipe under the street to water meter) in the Greenbrier neighborhood starting on September 18th.
Streets include; Briar Ridge Drive, Rustic Ridge Ct, Artesian Ct, Windlock Dr, Watlington Dr, Kipperly Ct, Trowbridge Ct, and Caleo Circle.
- Contractor and staff will have proper identification.
- No contractor or staff will need to enter any home.
- Crews will check meter inside water meter box.
- Customers don't need to be home.
- If your meter box is inside a locked area or have large animals near meter box, please call a contractor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does my private plumbing start?
The property owner maintains water pipe from the end of meter box (including tail piece) to building(s). The property owner is responsible for pipes and fixtures in the buildings and wastewater pipes until the edge of street or street right-of-way (varies). Charlotte Water maintains water meter up to and including the meter yoke assembly, meter box, and water and wastewater pipes under the public street.
Does my plumbing need to be replaced?
Just as pipes under the street age and have an end of service, so does plumbing in your home. Consider planning for the eventual replacement of plumbing that exceeds 50 years.