Charlotte Water (CLTWater) will be constructing two elevated water storage tank projects in the Charlotte area. The locations of the projects are:
- Sunset: Off Old Statesville Road at Sunset Boulevard/Statesville Road
- Woodlawn: Near I-77 entrance ramp by Norfolk Southern R/R
These projects are needed to optimize the function and resiliency of the water distribution system in our growing community. Once completed, the new elevated water storage tanks will help eliminate major water pressure fluctuations for customers in the surrounding areas, provide redundancy of water supply, and enhance fire protection availability in the areas.
- Design start: Summer 2021
- Expected construction start: February/March 2023
- Construction duration: 2 years
The construction of the tanks will be limited to the tank site. All work will stay within the City's property for the tank, with the exception of access roads (temporary and permanent), the extension of the water main to the tank property, and any deliveries required for the tank.