· Charlotte Water (CLTWater), Frazier Engineering, and a contractor will clean and add a new interior lining to a large wastewater pipe under Carolina Place Mall area parking lots.
o Spring 2021 through Summer – crews will deliver heavy equipment, inspect the wastewater pipe, and install a temporary above ground pipe.
o Summer through Fall 2021– crews will install the new interior lining.
o Fall 2021 – crews will complete work and restore the area.
- Crews will reline (rehabilitate) approximately 2,700 linear feet of 78-inch diameter pipe.
· You will see construction activity in the old Toys R Us parking lot (11300 Carolina Pl. Pkwy, Pineville) and Park Road (between I-485 and Carolina Place Pkwy at the greenway).
- The greenway along near Park Road will be partially closed during part of the construction project. Crews will keep the greenway open as much as possible.
- Three black above-ground pipes will be installed along the property line to continue service to customers.
- If you see or suspect any wastewater is leaking out of the pipes, please call 311 or 704-336-7600 and say or select wastewater emergency.
- Part of the above-ground pipes will be bridged over Carolina Place Pkwy.
- Crews will be on scaffolding installing a sock-like lining inside an existing pipe through manholes. The sock-like lining will require a large tractor-trailer size truck and additional heavy equipment. The sock-like liner will extend the wastewater pipe's service life minimizing construction in the area.
- Customers shouldn't notice any odors from this project.
- During the actual relining process customers in the immediate area may smell a brief odor outside. The odor may smell more like glue than sewer.
- If you smell odors in your building please pour a gallon of water into floor drains, toilets, and sinks.
- For your safety, do not enter the construction zone or the cleared easement beside the creek. Pedestrians are not allowed in these areas or anywhere on the construction site.
- Work will be on existing easements and right-of-ways.
- Customers will have access to driveways.
- CLTWater and contractors are working with businesses to minimize disruption.
- Updates will be posted on this website and Nextdoor.