- Construction starts: estimated July 2021.
- Construction complete: early 2022
- Charlotte Water (CLTWater) and a contractor will clean and add a new interior lining to existing wastewater pipes beside Briar Creek from Tyvola Road to Harbinger Court.
- A condition assessment of the wastewater pipes installed in the 1970s was performed;
- 33,900 linear feet (LF) of wastewater pipe and 126 manholes
- from the Sugar Creek WWTP to Harbinger Court
- Crews will reline (rehabilitate) approximately 8,000 linear feet of pipe.
- CLTWater and contractors are working with businesses to minimize disruption.
- Manhole rehabilitation along Briar Creek from
- Tyvola Road to Country Club Drive
- New interior lining in existing pipes (rehabilitation) along Briar Creek
- At Providence Road
- Eastover Ridge Drive to Chantilly Lane
- Commonwealth Avenue to Central Avenue
- Portions of Inverness Road
- Myers Park High School
- Sharon Road to Harbinger Court
- From 2007 through 2019, CLTWater installed a new larger pipe to serve customers along Briar Creek and reduce the risk of wastewater overflows. This project will rehabilitate the 1970s pipe that is still in service.
- Charlotte Water fees (i.e. water bills) fund these improvement projects.
- Updates will be posted on this website and Nextdoor.
What to Expect
- Crews will clear the existing easement in preparation for the project in Summer 2021.
- Construction vehicles entering existing easements from main roads.
- Crews will be on scaffolding installing a sock-like lining inside an existing pipe through manholes. The sock-like lining will require a large truck like photographed on the other side of the postcard. The sock-like pipe liner will extend the wastewater pipe's service life.
- Black above-ground pipes will be installed to continue service to customers while wastewater pipes are temporarily out of service for relining.
- If you see or suspect that wastewater is leaking out of the pipes, please call 311 or 704-336-7600 and say or select wastewater emergency.
- Construction activities on school property will occur when the school is closed including possible weekend work.
There are no planned water or wastewater service disruptions for this project. Any unplanned outages will be treated as emergencies and repaired immediately.
Customers shouldn't notice any odors from this project. During the actual relining process customers in the immediate area may smell a brief odor outside. If you smell odors in your building please pour a gallon of water into floor drains, toilets, and sinks.
All work will be on CLTWater easements or road right-of-ways. Customers will have access to driveways unless notified in advance. Street parking may be restricted when construction is in the immediate area.