- The current pipe ranges from 15-inch to 24-inch in diameter and replacement pipe will be 48-inch in diameter. The project will also include the installation of a 60-inch pipe for the future Little Sugar Creek Trunk Line.
- This will be the first curved wastewater pipeline in Charlotte.
- This project is anticipated to be activated in phases and completed in late 2021. Utilizing a Progressive Design-Build project delivery method will allow Charlotte Water to work collaboratively with the Design-Build team.
- Phase 1: Pearl Street Park to Baxter Street construction began in January 2020 and will be completed in June 2020; nearly 1,000 linear feet of pipe has been installed.
- Phase 2: Baxter Street to E. Stonewall Street construction expected to start June 2020; 3,600 linear feet of pipe to be installed by tunnel construction at approximately 35-40 feet underground.
Schedule - Construction began in early 2020 on Phase 1. Phase 2 work is expected to be completed by late 2021 (construction schedules are subject to change due to weather and other conditions).