- The current pipe ranges from 15-inch to 24-inch in diameter and the replacement pipe will be 48-inch in diameter. The project will also include the installation of a 60-inch pipe for the future Little Sugar Creek Trunk Line.
- This will be the first curved wastewater pipeline in Charlotte.
- This project is anticipated to be activated in phases and completed in late 2021. Utilizing a Progressive Design-Build project delivery method will allow Charlotte Water to work collaboratively with the Design-Build team.
- Phase 1 (complete): Pearl Street Park to Baxter Street construction began in January 2020 and was completed in summer 2020.
- Phase 2 (ongoing): Baxter Street to E. Stonewall Street construction began in September 2020 and is expected to take about 18 months to complete; 3,600 linear feet of pipe will be installed by tunnel construction at approximately 35-40 feet underground.
Schedule - Construction began in early 2020 on Phase 1. Phase 2 work is expected to be completed by April 2023 (construction schedules are subject to change due to weather and other conditions).