David Parks (1857-1859)
David Parks was elected to fill the unexpired term of Commissioner William R. Myers (father of the developer of Myers Park). Following that term, he was re-elected to serve two additional terms.
During his Administration:
- Gas lights were installed on Charlotte streets
- The North Carolina Military Institute was built at Morehead Street and South Boulevard. (The building is the current site of the Central Y.M.C.A.)
- The first brick fire house was built
- The first fire engine was purchased for $350