2020 Neighborhood Exchange & Leadership Awards
CELEBRATE – AWARD – COLLABORATE
***For the safety of our community, we are postponing the Neighborhood Exchange & Leadership Awards until further notice. We will keep you posted of future plans and a rescheduled date. ***
Join us for the Neighborhood Exchange & Leadership Awards 2020 as we CELEBRATE neighborhood history and the leaders that have helped them thrive, AWARD the impactful work that is happening in our communities today & COLLABORATE on new ideas to strengthen our neighborhoods for the future!
Celebrating 20 years of community engagement
Neighborhood leaders have been working for decades to connect residents to their communities to help make them better places. Take a glimpse into the past and celebrate 20 years of neighborhood history with us at this year's exchange.
Awarding today's impactful work
Strong and inspiring leaders help communities thrive. Charlotte's neighborhoods are proof of these individual's and group's dedication to improving our city. This breakfast honors Charlotte neighborhood leaders and recognizes excellence by their peers. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: This award will honor an individual whose life and work (ideally, 20+ years of volunteer service) have benefited their neighborhood by creating inclusiveness, increasing the viability of community activities and organizations, and supporting the neighborhood and its leaders.
- Neighborhood Organization of the Year: To be considered for this award, an organization must be registered with the City's Neighborhood Organization Contact List and have completed several strong community building activities (April 2018 – March 2019).
- Rookie of the Year: This award is for newcomers under 35 who are bringing passion, fierce commitment and new forms of organizing and activism to make Charlotte a better place for all.
- Community Volunteer of the Year: This award celebrates an outstanding individual who transcended neighborhood boundaries and has made a difference benefitting and uplifting our city overall.
- Community Service (Business): This award recognizes outstanding contributions by a private business or industry with an extraordinary commitment to community service that has helped improve the quality of life in local neighborhoods and across Charlotte.
- Community Service (Nonprofit): This award recognizes outstanding contributions by a nonprofit organization with an extraordinary commitment to community service that has helped improve the quality of life in local neighborhoods and across Charlotte.
Know of a deserving neighborhood, volunteer or organization? Nominate them by [insert date] for a City of Charlotte Neighborhood Leadership Award! Please do not submit a person or organization for more than one award category.
Collaborating for the future
You'll see what's been done before in years past, and meet people who have recently accomplished impactful projects in their communities today. What do you envision for your neighborhood's future? Network with other neighborhood residents, leaders and resource partners and take a hands-on approach to learn about specific types of projects and how to implement them in your community.
Join us as we reflect on the history of our work in neighborhoods, celebrate a decade of exceptional neighborhood impact, and envision the next steps for a monumental year!
Sign up for NotifyMe to be alerted when updates are made to this page.