City of Charlotte JumpStart Community Safety Micro-Grant Project
The purpose of the JumpStart Safety Micro-Grant is to provide small programming grants to community based organizations to help jumpstart efforts around the following Community Empowerment Initiative themes:
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- Crime Fighting & Prevention
- Opportunities for Youth and/or Parents
Non-profit and community organizations may submit applications for grants up to $500 per project.
Additionally, as part of this grant program, the City and non-profit partners will offer support and capacity building training to ensure that the efforts seeded by these grants may be sustained into the future.
- Organizations must serve a public good within the City of Charlotte
- Organizations must have an annual operating budget less than $100,000
- Projects must be connected to the CEI themes as listed above
- Must have attended a pre-application workshop
- Must attend a pre-application workshop
- Complete an application & submit project budget
- Grant review process
- Close out reporting - submit a short report and receipts
- Participate in project showcase event in the fall, date to be determined
Pre-application workshops will be held to walk organizations through the grant process and answer any questions about the process and program. All potential grantees must attend one session. Register for a session here.
Organizations may optionally attend workshops on board development, evaluation, grant writing, developing mission/vision, attaining 501c3 status, etc, provided by the City of Charlotte and its partners.
- Navigate here
- Create a new account
- From the top menu select APPLY
- Scroll down the CEI JumpStart Micro Grant and click the blue APPLY button
For more information or if you need a paper application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-336-2175.