Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) implements solutions and expands collaborative relationships within our organization and community to enhance trust, fairness and respect, to increase public safety.
Chief Johnny Jennings' goal is for CMPD to become a trusted, respected and sought-after community partner. Key to Chief Jennings' vision is taking care of all CMPD employees with these
"Core 4" strategic priorities.
- Community Collaboration
- Crime Management
- Professional Accountability
- Employee Wellness
- Oath of Office - Uphold the United States and North Carolina Constitutions.
- Human Life - Seeing the value of every person.
- Integrity - Promising to uphold the highest standards of integrity, being honest and ethical in all our actions.
- People - Treating all people with dignity, respect, fairness and compassion.
- Inclusion - Fostering a diverse and equitable culture that is committed to embracing all differences.
- Community - Meeting everyone where they are, working together to achieve a shared vision.
CMPD empowers all team members to make a difference in the community at a grassroots level through relationships and partnerships.
We are committed to recruiting, assessing and hiring the best suited and qualified applicants to meet the needs of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community and CMPD. We believe our employees should reflect the community they serve, so we encourage women and candidates of color to apply. CMPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMPD needs you.