Tips on how to complete the online application:
1. Always use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation and complete sentences throughout the entire application.
2. List at least 10 years worth of Work History (if you have it) beginning with your current job.
3. Always list all of your educational learning institutions with complete information.
4. Always list addresses, phone numbers and job duties for your employers. Provide as much information about your employment as you can. Be detailed & descriptive when explaining specific duties & responsibilities about your position, but DO NOT cut and paste your resume into body of the application.
5. Double check your email address and phone number for accuracy. All correspondence is done through email. Misspellings or incorrect numbers will delay your application.
6. Please be patient! If your application is chosen to move forward you will receive an email from CMPD Recruitment, so please check your SPAM and Junk mail folders for application updates and/or emails from CMPD. DO NOT CALL CMPD Recruitment offices or the CMPD Academy for updates on your application.
7. If you have not heard from CMPD within 3 months of your initial application, use your "applicant ID #" to access your application and make additions & corrections to your application. DO NOT attempt submit more than 1 application.
DO NOT complete the city application on a Tablet, Smartphone, or iPad because you will not be able to see all of the fields that are needed to complete the application.
Note: Every employer uses online and paper applications to find the best employees. Make your application stand out from the hundreds of other applications received each year by being thorough, informative & detailed when completing your application. Use credible online resources, your school's career service center and other employer related help sites to assist you in completing a thorough application.
To update the application:
1. Log into the system at the top of the jobs portal page.
2. Enter your User Name and Password - note: if you don't remember your password, click Login Help and follow the instructions to get a new password
3. In the My Career Tools box, click on the top line which will say how many city applications you've completed
4. Choose All Applications from the drop down box and then hit refresh
5. Choose the application you want to update - note: If you applied more than once to be a Police Officer, make sure you choose the most recent one.
6. Then Update your application
7. Click Final Submit - note: You are only allowed to update this application once during the application period.
8. You will then receive an email saying that your application has been updated.
**Reminder, this will only work for candidates who applied since April 1, 2017 that applied and didn't hear back! Everyone else will have to create a new application.**
Make sure you are using the original email or correct email address from your previous application.
If you do not receive the email from our system stating your application has been updated, check your junk and spam folders.
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, or 11.
If you are having issues with the functionality of our site in IE, try another browser (Chrome, Firefox).
**It might be helpful to print these instructions when updating your application!**
Special Note: If you applied and were disqualified and the year time frame has passed you will have to create a new application.