Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) is set to implement changes to the system's current pass-discount structure. The following adjustments will go into effect on July 1, 2016:
- Restructuring the weekly pass; Currently, the weekly pass allows unlimited rides for seven days but costs the same as 10 local rides ($22.00). The restructured weekly pass will continue to allow unlimited rides for seven days, but will cost the same as 14 local rides ($30.80).
- Removing the 15 percent discount on the following 10 Ride Passes:
- 10 Ride Local Pass (current price: $18.70; new price: $22.00)
- 10 Ride Express Pass (current price: $25.75; new price: $30.00)
- 10 Ride Express Plus Pass (current price: $37.40; new price: $44.00)
- The ADA 10 Ride Pass will maintain its current 15 percent discount - costing $9.35.
- Eliminating the 20% volume discount for organizations currently at the top tier of the Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) purchase program.
These proposed changes are being implemented in an effort to offset a $2.8 million operating budget shortfall projected for fiscal year 2017 and will take effect July 1, 2016. For more information on pass discount restructuring, please call customer service at 704-336-RIDE(7433) or visit www.ridetransit.org.