Bond Administration Service Fees
Land Development offers the bond program as an optional and premium administration service to the development community and is designed to ensure the completion of required public improvements. This fee is calculated to recover the administrative and staffing costs to maintain sureties posted.
Effective July 1, 2018, the following bond administration fees apply:
- Posting of a new surety: $590
- Adjustment of a surety: $590
- Adjustment of a surety estimate: $590
- Replacement of a surety: $590
- Annual registration of a surety during first four years: -0-
- Annual registration of a surety four years and older (from original effective date): $590
- Release of a surety within first four years from original effective date: -0-
- Release of a surety after four years from original effective date: $590
Note: A fee will be applied for each process. The review and acceptance process will not begin until the fee is paid.
Payment may be made by check (payable to the City of Charlotte) or via credit card (Visa or MasterCard) in the office.
The bond replacement fee, the bond adjustment fee, the annual registration fee for sureties over four years old, and four-year-and-older bond release fee can be paid online by using your VISA or MasterCard. To pay online, go to Accela Citizen Access
and follow the instructions below. PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED ACCELA CITIZEN ACCESS (ACA) USER TO PAY FEES ONLINE.
- Click on Search.
- Select Commercial/Subdivision/Bond Records.
- Type in the City of Charlotte assigned bond number for your surety. This number can be found on the invoice that is mailed to you.
- Click on Search.
- Click on Payment.
- Click on Pay Fees.
- Click on Continue.
- Complete the payment transaction.
For questions to pay online for a new surety posting, please contact Bond Administration at 704-432-0960.