Charlotte International Cabinet
The Charlotte International Cabinet is an advisory body to the Charlotte City Council and the Office of International Relations.
City Council gave the Cabinet the following charges:
- Provide input and recommendations to City Council on topics pertaining to international affairs of domestic and foreign origin.
- Promote a forum to convene the international, immigrant, and other communities to raise visibility of issues facing the community at large, and promote collaboration among Charlotte's diverse population.
- Encourage growth of international business through partnerships that support globally-competitive workforce development, entrepreneurship, foreign direct investment, and exporting.
- Keep City Council and City staff abreast of conditions in the international and immigrant communities, and how these conditions might affect business-government relations.
- Advise Mayor and Council on international travel and on formal invitations for incoming delegations.
The 21 members of the Charlotte International Cabinet are appointed by the Mayor and City Council. They represent various aspects of Charlotte's international community and work to promote Charlotte as an international city. If you are interested in serving on the Cabinet we recommend that you attend a few meetings before applying with the Clerk's Office. For more information about serving on the Cabinet, please email us.