Resources for Emergency Assistance
The City of Charlotte assists citizens experiencing an emergency or unstable housing situations through partnering with non-profit community partners to provide assistance. Below is a list of available services and contact information.
- If you are homeless or will become homeless in the next 72 hours, learn more about how to receive assistance through the coordinated assessment system.
- For assistance with rent or utility payments, contact Crisis Assistance Ministry at 704-371-3001.
- If you need help finding rental housing, contact socialserve.com at 1-877-428-8844
- If you own your home and you need an emergency repair, call 704-336-7844 or visit the City's Emergency Repair Program web page .
- Special resources are available for individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS. Contact Carolina's Care Partnership at 704-531-2467 for confidential assistance.