CATS asks that you take a timeout for safety. Testing on the LYNX Blue Line Extension has begun and your safety in and around the tracks is our #1 priority.
Look, Listen, and Live!!!
- Obey all traffic signals and signs. They are there for your safety, not as an inconvenience.
- Never drive around lowered crossing gates. It is illegal and dangerous. Even if you can’t see the rail vehicle, that doesn’t mean it’s not coming.
- Trains can’t stop quickly. It takes a light rail vehicle 600 ft. to stop – that’s TWO football fields!
- Trains always have the right of way! All day, every day.
- Trespassing on and around tracks is unlawful. You may be subject to criminal prosecution for being on or near the tracks without authorization.
- Remember: See Tracks, Think Train!
- NEVER go onto tracks – they may be electrified. If you drop something, alert a station agent, police officer or other company personal.
- Don’t enter train tunnels. Entering a tunnel is ILLEGAL and considered trespassing.
- A car crushing a can is the same as a train crushing a car. It’s no contest.
Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
- If you see something, say something. Report all suspicious packages, activities, and/or persons on a train, streetcar, at a station, or on the tracks.
- Trains always have the right-of-way. All day, every day. They can approach from any direction, on any track, at any time.
- Never enter into a construction area. It is dangerous, and only authorized personnel are allowed in construction areas. Being and remaining in construction areas without authorization will be considered trespassing.