Connection Fees


​New Connections

To request water to be turned on / off or transfer your account, 

  • Call 311 or 704-336-7600 and ask for "water move in / move out or to transfer a water account."  
  • CharMeck​​ 311 can assist from 7:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

If you need a water meter or wastewater tap installed, 

  • Call 311 or 704-336-7600 (ask for "New Tap Request") or 704-432-2854.
  • Email, or
  • Visit Installation and Development Services ​at 5100 Brookshire Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28216. Staff is available at the counter to the right of the lobby from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.