Charlotte Water


​New Connections


To request water to be turned on / off or transfer your account, call 311 or 704-336-7600 and ask for "water move in / move out or to transfer a water account."  CharMeck​ 311 can assist from 7:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m. seven days a week.

If you need a water meter or wastewater tap installed, please

  • Call 311 or 704-336-7600 (ask for "New Tap Request") or 704-432-2854.
  • Email, or
  • Visit Installation and Development Services (formerly known as New Services Division)  at 5100 Brookshire Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28216. Staff is available at the counter to the right of the lobby from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

To learn more about fees and options, please select which type of connection you need below.